Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Happy Fourth of July

We had a wonderful Fourth of July holiday. Grandma and Paw Paw came up at the beginning of the week to stay with us while Daddy was in St. Louis. Jonathan had a wonderful time staying home and playing with them. He definitely has his Grandma wrapped around his finger! We celebrated Grandma's birthday with her on Tuesday. Jonathan was excited about another cake!

We left Friday morning for Monroe. We had a great time visiting with my grandparents, Jonathan's great-grandparents. Grand Bode found all kinds of toys and stuff for Jonathan to play with. Grandpa Paul and Jonathan had a great time playing with the massager. It was pretty funny to watch them. Grandpa Paul would put it on his back and then Jonathan would take it from him and try to put it on his back. They had a great time playing. Grand Bode and Jonathan played the "Ride the Horsey" game over and over and over.

Friday night we went to the levee to see the fireworks. The whole night was just hilarious. We drove down close to the levee to see where we could park. The policeman started to tell us that we needed to park "way over there..." when he realized that he knew Grandpa Paul. He let us park right next to the levee. Sometimes it really is who you know and taking the time to ask. So Grandpa Paul and Mark took the chairs up to the levee to save us a spot. Grand Bode, Jonathan, and I decided to sit in the car until it was closer to time for the fireworks. It was so hot that we didn't want to get Jonathan out in the heat. About ten minutes later, rain drops. Mark and Grandpa Paul ran back up the hill and brought the chairs back down. As soon as they got back in the car, it started to pour. All the people on the levee start running for their cars, all of which are half a mile away. So of course they are soaking wet. We were sitting in the car, nice and dry! We decided to wait to see if they would shoot the fireworks anyway. They did. They shot them off super fast which was kind of fun. I think the firework people were tired of getting rained on as well. So, there we were, sitting in the car, in the rain, watching fireworks! It was so much fun and such a great memory. Plus, since we were in the car, it wasn't nearly as loud or as scary for Jonathan.

Saturday we went over to Aunt Ninette and Uncle Danny's house. Jonathan had a great time running around their house chasing their dog, Bam Bam. We also got to see Scott. He looks pretty good considering he was involved in a major wreck a few weeks ago. He has definitely lost some weight and still has a way to go before he is healthy again. Uncle Danny has been working on an elk. Mark and Jonathan went out to his shop to see it. The thing is massive. Jonathan was impressed, as was Mark.

The other big surprise at their house was that my parents surprised up by showing up. They had flown home from Yellowstone on Friday, so we were not expecting them. But they could not stand Jonathan being that close and not seeing him. So funny. Jonathan was very happy to see them and had a great time running around with his Grandad. They brought him a cute t-shirt from their vacation that he put on and showed off.

So it was a great weekend. We had such a nice time visiting with everyone. Jonathan did end up getting sick when we got home. Had a hard time at church Sunday and then threw up Sunday night. By Monday morning he was running a fever. So he stayed home Monday and Tuesday from school. He is going back to school tomorrow, so hopefully he does well.

No comments: