Sunday, February 8, 2009

Happy Birthday Mark!

Well, I think we might have to accept the fact that we are (becoming) adults. Mark slid over the hump this weekend and turned 31!! I get to harass him for about a month and then I will be 30 and we will both be out of our twenties. Not that we really mind too much, there is something gratifying about making it this far in life and to be happy and content.

We had a good weekend. Everyone at our house is finally feeling better (we've had colds and sinus infections all week). Mark's parents came to visit on Saturday and Jonathan was so excited to see them. He loves being with his Paw Paw and Grandma. He is an especially big fan of Paw Paw's (and really anyone's) truck. We hung around the house Saturday and just played with Jonathan. We went to eat Saturday night at the Riverfront Steakhouse in NLR at the Wyndham Hotel. We had not been there before, but it was really good. Everyone really enjoyed it and we had terrific service which was a plus. We came home and had cake and presents for Mark. I made Mark's cake (yellow cake with chocolate icing) per request and think it turned out pretty well. I think he was pretty happy with everything. Jonathan and I are getting him new speakers for his car (typical Mark). We also got him a gym bag and socks for his new membership to the gym (thanks to Michelle for helping me come up with that idea).

Obviously, someone wants cake!


We were planning to go to church on Sunday, but Jonathan woke up in the middle of the night having nightmares. Poor baby, he was scared and just shaking when I got him out of the bed. He got in the bed with us but kept waking up the rest of the night. He tried to tell me what he had been dreaming about, but I couldn't understand him. I tried to ask him this morning, but it just upset him, so we let it go. But we didn't get much sleep, so we just missed church this morning. Hopefully next week! After we got up, Mark's parents wanted to go to the RV Show downtown. We had seen a sign for it last night on our way to dinner. It was a blast, who knew?? Jonathan had more fun climbing in and out of EACH and EVERY camper out there. He opened as many doors and cabinets as he could and climbed on and off of all the couches/seats/beds/etc. Mark's parents have been talking for years about buying a 5th wheel camper. We did finallly find two that would be really nice. They had a 2nd bedroom/playroom area with bunk beds. It would be perfect for little people to have their toys in and to take a nap in or go to sleep before everyone else was ready for bed. Anyway, we were just looking, but it was fun.

His parents left after we got back to the house. Jonathan was beyond exhausted and was having a hard time going down for his nap. So he ended up in the bed with me, again. Poor baby never moved away from me though. Usually he moves to the other side of the bed before he falls asleep or right after he falls asleep. He never moved from my side today. Mark went to buy new pants for his business trip while we were sleeping. He found a good deal at Men's Wearhouse and actually did a good job of picking his own clothes out (he doesn't do this very often....at all). So now we are just having a relaxing weekend at home before beginning another week. Mark is off to Phoenix this week, Monday through Thursday, so it will be busy for me here at the house.

I also had to put up a picture from my Daddy's birthday a few weeks ago that I finally got downloaded off the camera. I made his cake as well and we had a good time visiting with my parents.

Jonathan helping blow out the candles.

No comments: